Hartland Education Association- Hartland Teachers Care
By Michele Cannaert
The Hartland Education Association (HEA) Outreach Program is in full swing for the 2012-2013 school year.
Their motto is Hartland Teachers Care; which is put forth in a series of outreach activities throughout each school year. Different Livingston County organizations are selected each year to receive help from the HEA Outreach Program.
This year the HEA has chosen these community organizations to support: Hartland Teen Center, St. George’s Pantry, Gleaners, Salvation Army, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Hartland Relay for Life, HEA Scholarship Program, and the Hartland High School Senior All Night Party.
So far this year the HEA has:
- September- collected $600 for the Hartland Teen Center.
- October- collected 242 coats for distribution through St. George’s pantry in Brighton.
- November- collected $2036 for Gleaners and assisted in the building food drives which collected 2800 pounds of food.
- December- Salvation Army Bell ringing at Kroger every afternoon December 3 -6.
Coming up in 2013:
- March-Big Brother/ Big Sister Bowl for Kids Sake
- April- Hartland Relay for Life
- May-Hartland High School Senior All Night Party and HEA Senior Scholarship