Normally, we do a countdown of activities to help you plan for your adventures in the upcoming weekend, but with Thanksgiving coming this week, we thought we'd try to help you plan for the holiday in the neighborhood.
You can go out for your Thanksgiving meal and close to home, too. Here are five suggestions:
- Enjoy your choice of breakfast, lunch or dinner at Leo's Coney Island, 11030 Highland Road in Hartland, is open from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Grille 23, 1535 N Old US 23 in Hartland (Howell mailing), is open for brunch serving up holiday favorites in a full-fledged Thanksgiving feast featuring roast beef, ham, potatoes, stuffing and other favorites. Cost is $14.99 for adults; $7.99 for kids ages 5-10 and children under 5 eat free with purchase of adult brunch. Make reservations; call 810-632-5080.
- Hartland Big Boy Restaurant, 10587 Highland Road in Hartland, offers its full breakfast buffet as well as a turkey dinner between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- A Thanksgiving Day brunch buffet is offered at The French Laundry, 125 W. Shiawassee Ave. in Fenton, from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.; cost is $24.95 for per person; it's $12.95 for children ages six through 12 and free for children under the age of six. Tickets must be purchased at the restaurant or by calling 810-629-8852 for regular seating. No reservations are taken for the bar seats, so those are available on a first-come, first-served basis for brunch.
- If you prefer an evening Thanksgiving meal, drive just down the road to T.G.I. Friday's, located at 6800 Whitmore Lake Road in Brighton; dinner starts at 4 p.m. and the bar's open until 2 a.m.