Good Morning Hartland
Check out the weather, fuel prices and more for June 29, 2012.
It's Friday and today's quote comes from Napoleon Bonaparte:
Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining.
1. The weather
Mostly sunny, with a high near 90, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- Speedway: $3.35
- Mobil: $3.57
- Shell: $3.68
- Lowest price at in Highland: $3.37 at Citgo at S. Milford Road and Watkins Boulevard.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.26 at the Clark station at Leroy and 3rd streets.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.41 at Costco at 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd. and BP at 9400 Lee Road.
We also offer searchable and real-time traffic and fuel prices via Mapquest on our homepage.
3. Readers' Choice Nominations
Remember to nominate your favorite business in our Readers' Choice in our 25 categories. We will be accepting nominations until July 9 and then begin voting.
4. Family Outdoor Adventure Day on Saturday
SELCRA is hosting a free outdoor adventure at the Brighton Millpond on June 30th from 2-4 p.m. Kayak and canoe demos, fishing, a survival workshop, arts, crafts and games the whole family can enjoy.
5. Hartland trivia
Congratulations to Rose Clark for correctly answer Wednesday's question — What year did Cromaine Crafts open? Answer: 1934
Friday's question: What was the first fast food restaurant in Hartland?