Good Morning Hartland
Check out the weather, fuel prices and more for July 16, 2012.
It's Monday and today's quote comes from J.R. R. Tolkien:
Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining.
1. The weather
Sunny, with a high near 93, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- Speedway: $3.59
- Mobil: $3.59
- Shell: $3.68
- Lowest price at in Highland: $3.45 at Citgo at S. Milford Road and Watkins Boulevard.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.36 at the Marathon station at Silver Lake.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.49 at Costco at 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd. and BP at 9400 Lee Road.
We also offer searchable and real-time traffic and fuel prices via Mapquest on our homepage.
3. Jumpin' All Stars 2012 Jump Rope Camp
The Jumpin' All Stars camp starts on Tuesday- registration is required. They will learn basic through advanced levels of jump rope skills - single rope, double dutch - in a high energy setting. The staff includes National winners and members of 2012 Team USA. Please visit jumpinallstars.org for registration.
4. A Hartland 92-year-old World War II Helps Pay National Debt
Jim Bennett from Hartland was outside Walmart last week collecting money to help pay down the national debt, according to the Press and Argus.
5. Hartland trivia
Congratulations to Rose Clark for correctly answering Friday's question —Patch wrote a Friday the 13th story in April- how many Friday the 13th are there in 2012? Answer: 3
Monday's question: What year did the Oasis close?