Good Morning Hartland
Check out the weather, fuel prices and more for June 27, 2012.
It's Wednesday and today's quote comes from Antoine de Saint-Exupery:
Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining. Don't miss our greeting from the Cromaine Library regarding Ghost Stories with Kristy Robinett
1. The weather
Mostly sunny, with a high near 90, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- Speedway: $3.64
- Mobil: $3.74
- Shell: $3.89
- Lowest price at in Highland: $3.47 at Citgo at S. Milford Road and Watkins Boulevard.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.38 at the Clark station at Leroy and 3rd streets.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.51 at Costco at 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd. and BP at 9400 Lee Road.
We also offer searchable and real-time traffic and fuel prices via Mapquest on our homepage.
3. Readers' Choice Nominations
Remember to nominate your favorite business in our Readers' Choice in our 25 categories. We will be accepting nominations until July 9 and then begin voting.
4. Little Saints Looking for Instructors
Little Saints is adding a Spanish Class and a Science Class to their curriculum. The Hartland preschool is looking for instructors. Anyone interested can contact the school for more information.
5. Hartland trivia
No one was able to correctly answer Monday's question — Where was the first meeting of the Hartland Township volunteer fire department in 1927? Answer: Gannon's Garage.
Wednesday's question: What year did Cromaine Crafts open?