Good Morning Hartland
Check out the weather, fuel prices and more for November 19, 2012.
It's Monday and today's quote comes from: Bill Watterson (Calvin & Hobbes):
Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining.
1. The weather
Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 55, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- Speedway: $3.54
- Mobil: $3.54
- Shell: $3.79
- Lowest price at in Highland: $3.47 at Citgo at S. Milford Road and Watkins Boulevard.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.49 at the Marathon station at Silver Lake.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.58 at Costco at 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd. and BP at 9400 Lee Road.
We also offer searchable and real-time traffic and fuel prices via Mapquest on our homepage.
3. Try Outs for the Hartland Archery 2013 Tournament Team will take place as follows:
- At Round Elementary School Gym 6 - 8 p.m.
- High School Team: (9th - 12th Grade)Monday, December 3rd and Monday, December 10th
- Middle School Team (7th and 8th Grade)Wednesday, December 5th andWednesday, December 12th
- Elementary School Team (5th and 6th grade)Thursday, December 6th and Thursday, December 13th
Archers are required to attend both nights of try outs for their specified age division. Those archers who make the team are committing to a season of archery from January 2013 to May 2013. This will include (but not limited to) a Michigan State Competition in late February (date TBD) and a National Tournament in Louisville, Kentucky May 10 - 11, 2013. All archers will travel to Kentucky for this tournament.
4. Add Your Events to Patch
Have an event you want to share with the community? Add your own event to Hartland Patch's calendar.
5. Hartland trivia
Congratulations to Deb Curcuru for correctly answering Friday's question: Which Hartland resident restored the building that now houses the Hartland Chamber of Commerce? Answer: Gary Cornillaud
Monday's question: Where in Hartland can you pre-order a free-range turkey for Thanksgiving?