Good Morning Hartland
Check out the weather, fuel prices and more for June 12, 2012.
It's Wednesday and today's quote comes from Oprah Winfrey:
Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining. Please also don't miss our video greeting (at right) from Comcast.
1. The weather
Sunny, with a high near 70, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- Speedway: $3.85
- Mobil: $3.95
- Shell: $3.98
- Lowest price at in Highland: $3.63 at Citgo at S. Milford Road and Watkins Boulevard.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.63 at the Clark station at Leroy and 3rd streets.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.72 at Costco at 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd. and BP at 9400 Lee Road.
We also offer searchable and real-time traffic and fuel prices via Mapquest on our homepage.
3. Gus's Carry Out is Hiring
Gus's Carry Out is currently hiring counter people and cooks. If you are 18 or older, stop in at any one of the three locations (Hartland, Brighton and Howell) to inquire and apply.
4. Hartland Alumni Receives Bachelor's from University of Iowa
Brian Lingris, a 2008 graduate of Hartland High School, received a bachelor of science degree in integrated physiology from the University of Iowa, according to the Press & Argus. Lingris graduated in the spring of 2012 semester.
Have a graduate announcement you want to share? Add it here.
5. Hartland trivia
Congratulations to Rose Clark for correctly answering Monday's question — What year was the Parshallville school built? Answer: 1863
Wednesday's question: In 1950, Wilbur and Mabel Steinacker opened a store in Hartland. What was the name of the store?