Good Morning Hartland
Check out the weather, fuel prices and more for November 30, 2012.
It's Friday and today's quote comes from Harold Wilson:
Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining.
1. The weather
A chance of showers before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- Speedway: $3.49
- Mobil: $3.59
- Shell: $3.68
- Lowest price at in Highland: $3.43 at Citgo at S. Milford Road and Watkins Boulevard.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.33 at the Marathon station at Silver Lake.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.44 at Costco at 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd. and BP at 9400 Lee Road.
We also offer searchable and real-time traffic and fuel prices via Mapquest on our homepage.
3. Boot Camp Food Drive
First Annual Boot Camp Food Drive hosted by My Stronger Self. Every Saturday at our FREE Boot Camps held at St. Mary Magdalen Church in Brighton, we're asking for a non-perishable food donation as the cost of admission to our boot camp. All donations will be distributed by Gleaners Food Bank and go directly to Livingston County residents.
- Where: St. Mary Magdalen Church Gym
- When: Every Saturday starting November 3rd thru December 15 at 830am.
- Accepting cash donations, non-perishable food items or pesonal care items. They are especially in need of diapers.
4. Add Your Events to Patch
Have an event you want to share with the community? Add your own event to Hartland Patch's calendar.
5. Hartland trivia
Congratulations to "NotLazy" for correctly answering Wednesday's question: Where did the band, Grand Funk Railroad, record their 1976 album, Good Singin' Good Playin'? Answer: Basic tracks recorded at The Swamp; engineered by Frank Zappa Vocals recorded at The Record Plant, L.A.; engineered by Michael Braunstein & Davy Moire Re-mix at The Record Plant, L.A.; engineered by Frank Zappa
Friday's question: How many years has the annual Warm 'N Cozy been taking place in Hartland?