A Hartland Mom Talks About a T-shirt Fundraiser for a Local Family and Says 'Good Morning, Hartland!'
Check out the weather, fuel prices and more for Dec. 8, 2011.
Thursday is here. Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining.
Please also don't miss our video greeting (at right) from Karen Bester who is part of a Hartland moms group raising money for a local family with a T-shirt and car window decal fundraiser at the Pancake Breakfast with Santa at Village Elementary School on Saturday. If you can't attend the breakfast but still would like to donate, please email Bester at email@example.com.
1. The weather
Flurries possible after noon otherwise expect partly sunny skies with a high near 36 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Winds should be out of the west southwest between 8 and 18 miles per hour with gusts as high as 26 mph. Tonight, there will be a 50 percent chance of snow showers developing after midnight with a west wind of 7 to 10 mph. Low could be around 26.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- Speedway: $3.45
- Shell: $3.49
- Mobil: $3.55 (cash is 10 cents lower)
- Lowest price at Hickory Ridge and M-59 in Highland: $3.26 at Citgo.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.29 at four stations: Clark at N LeRoy and Third, Marathon at Silver Lake and Lincoln, Marathon at N LeRoy and Glenwood and Mobil at N LeRoy and S Long Lake.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.25 at Costco, 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd and the 7-11 station at E Grand River and Pleasant Valley.
3. Transmission line likely to blame for power outage
As many as 1,100 Hartland area residents and 4,000 in Livingston County lost power Wednesday afternoon after possible problems with a transmission line, according to WHMI-FM (93.5).
Power was restored by 6:30 p.m., the station reported.
4. Hartland runner recognized in cross country
Hartland High School senior Ian McGinn was named Livingston County boys cross country runner of the year by the Livingston County Daily Press & Argus as the Eagles finished second in the state.
5. Hartland trivia
Congrats to Charlotte who correctly answered Wednesday's question — What local business — which sits on the old Burgress property — has its main building modeled after a Victorian carriage house that once stood on that land? Answer: Spicer Orchards Farm Market and Cider Mill.
Thursday's question: What health issue is currently being debated by the Hartland Township Board? Please answer in comments.