Halloween is coming up quickly and this weekend will be the last chance to celebrate before the big day. Here are some of the events around town and close by to help you plan your weekend.
- Spooktacular Party at Castaway Play, Oct. 26 in Howell. Scavenger Hunt, Prizes, and Giveaways.
- Monster Mash III, Oct. 27 in downtown Hartland. Get ready for the 3rd annual Monster Mash. Bring all your ghosts and goblins for a free Halloween party at Ore Creek Veterinary Clinic.
- Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Oct. 27 in downtown Howell. Events include trick-or-treating, a costume contest, a hay ride, live entertainment and more.
- Howell's Headless Horseman 5k/10k Run, Oct. 27 in downtown Howell. The race starts at 7 p.m. taking runners on a route through the cemetery.
- Hallowe'en at Greenfield Village, Oct. 12-28, at The Henry Ford. The Village is all decked out in a scary fashion for this annual family-friendly event. Admission includes a walk through the "haunted" village, included treat stops. Costumes encouraged! www.thehenryford.org
- Dearborn Firefighters Burn Drive Halloween Fundraiser, Oct. 27, at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Dearborn. Wear a costume and support the burn drive, which assists families displaced by fire. Adults only—open bar!
- Northville's Historical Society will hold a Halloween Tea at Mill Race Village on Oct. 28. Part of the festivities include a tea and treats as well as a medium who will be at the historic 1845 church. Cost is $30.
- Halloween Concert, 4 p.m. Oct. 28. The University of Michigan orchestras will come together for this holiday favorite, full of tricks and treats. The concert includes an array of spooky classical music combined with popular Halloween favorites. For tickets, call 734-763-3333.
Pumpkin Picking/ Apple Cider/ Doughnuts
- Spicer Orchards
- Historic Parshallville Grist Mill
- Pumpkin Patch at Our Savior Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Slaughterhouse, Haunted Maze & Blood Bath & Beyond Hayride, 5781 Grand River, Fowlerville. For more information visit www.slaughterhouseadventure.com.
- Hay Ride from Hell & Zombie Shoot, 619 Pearl Street, Pinckney. For more information visit www.hayridefromhell.com
- Terrorfied Forest & Manor, 145 Swarthout Road, Pinckney. For more information visit www.terrorfied.com.
- Mt. Clemens Zombie Walk, 7 p.m. Oct. 27: Master of Ceremonies Wolfman Mac will lead the procession, starting at the Anton Art Center, 125 Macomb Place. Registration is $5 for those 21 and over, $3.00 for those under 21. All ages are welcome, but those 15 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult. Check out a zombie makeup class at Weirdsville on New Street Oct. 26. Proceeds go to benefit the Anton Art Center. www.mountclemenszombiewalk.com
If we missed your Halloween event, feel free to add them to our comment section.