Hot Summer Reads for Young People
Cromaine Library shares their picks for their last-minute, must-reads before the kids head back to school.
There are only a few short weeks left of summer and then the kid’s head back to school. To help enjoy those last few days, Cromaine Library is encouraging everyone to pick up a good book and read.
Here are a few suggestions from the helpful librarians at Cromaine Library and their picks for some last-minute, hot summertime reads.
- Olympig! by Victoria Jamieson. Pursued by Mr. Hamstring, a reporter who is sure he will fail, Boomer becomes the first pig ever to compete in the Animal Olympics and demonstrates that attitude can be more important than winning.
- G is for gold medal: an Olympic alphabet by Brad Herzog and ill. by Doug Bowles.
- Rocket writes a story by Tad Hills. Rocket writes a story about a new friend, the owl.
- How to Train Your Dragon series by Cressida Cowell.
- The Books of Elsewhere series by Jacqueline West.
- Lego Mindstorms books
- Tiger’s Curse series by Colleen Houlk
- Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan
- Heather Wells Mysteries series by Meg Cabot