Latest Links: Worker Treated For Minor Injuries After Small Fire at Best Western in Hartland
Fire department says blaze began during copper piping repair.
A worker was treated for minor injuries Monday after a small fire at the Best Western Hotel in Hartland, according to media reports.
The man suffered second-degree blisters on his hand and was treated and released at the scene, according to the Livingston County Daily Press & Argus.
The hotel was briefly evacuated after the fire began at about 11:30 a.m., WHMI reported.
Personnel from the Hartland Deerfield Fire Authority and the Livingston County Sheriff's Department were on the scene almost immediately because they were in the area, the station reported, and the fire was put out within five minutes, according to the newspaper.
The blaze appears to have started as two workers were working to repair water copper piping between rooms sparked either by a torch or ember, the fire department told media outlets.
The Press & Argus coverage includes pictures and video of the scene.