We wrote this little daytrip guide to Novi for a summer series called Patch Passport. The other Patch sites in Michigan — from St. Clair Shores to Dexter and two dozen in between — have done the same.
All summer long, we'll offer up a weekly daytrip guide to another southeast Michigan destination. Coming Sunday: we'll help you plan a daytrip to Fenton, a city with lakes and history and a sandwich named “No John, I’m Not Cheezing You."
But to start, here's what you helped us come up with for our own daytrip guide. Thanks to everyone who offered must-see Novi sights on Novi Patch's Facebook page.
Have more suggestions? Add them in the comments.
- If you're in the mood for Mexican...try Border Cantina.
- If you're in the mood for sushi....try Shiro, an old house that's rumoured to be haunted.
- If you're in the mood for American...try Diamond Jim Brady's, one of our Reader's Choice winners and one of the most recommended restaurants in Novi.
- If you're in the mood to splurge...try The Melting Pot for a four-course fondue meal.
- If you're in the mood for ice cream...try Guernsey's or Stuart's.
Browse menus and read reviews for Novi's other dozens of restaurants in our Directory.
- Head over to Lakeshore Park to try the walking trails, have picnic or play some beach volleyball. You can also bring the family to spend the day at the beach on Walled Lake.
- Take the family to Paradise Park to play some putt-putt, laser tag, go-karts, climbing walls or soccer cages.
Spend a day on the golf course playing 9 or 18 holes at Links of Novi.
Indoor Family Fun
- Your kids will love glow in the dark putt-putt at Putting Edge.
- Cool off for the day at Novi Ice Arena and be able to tell your friends that you've skated on the same ice as Detroit Red Wings great Nicklas Lidstrom.
- Play some arcade games and enjoy some bowling in the upstairs lounge at Lucky's. Or the adutls can come back after dark to enjoy the bar.
Did you see?
- Twelve Oaks Mall: People come from surrounding communities to shop at the upscale mall with more than 200 shopping, dining and entertainment options.
- Suburban Collection Showplace: Check the Showplace's website to see if there are any cool shows or events when you're in town.
- Emagine Theatre: If it's a rainy day or you have some extra time to spend, catch a movie at Emagine Theatre, which offers luxury seating and a bar for those older than 21.
- Novi Public Library: The Novi library was named the best in Michigan in 2011. So if you are looking to stay out of the sun, stop by to enjoy the children's activities and books.
Let potential visitors know where else they should visit by posting a comment on this story.