Patch Picks: Sweetest Day Date Ideas
Here are a few things to do in and around Hartland to celebrate Sweetest Day with that special someone.
It’s Friday, and you’ve just realized that Saturday is Sweetest Day. You don't have anything planned - and you're tired of the same old dinner and a movie routine? Don't worry: Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got you covered with these great date night ideas:
Artsy date ideas
- Head over to Heavenly Scent Herb Farm in Fenton and learn about Mother Nature's Gift to us! Class starts at 10 a.m. and you and your sweetie can learn all about essential oils. This class will include hands-on experience of individual oils and blended oils.
- In the mood for some music? Try BIGGBY Coffee and enjoy some coffee and live entertainment by Josh and his acoustic guitar.
Sporty date ideas
- Channel your inner cowboy and cowgirl and saddle up at the Brighton Recreation Riding Stable. Trail rides are available between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., but reservations are required. Call 810-534-5063.
- Catch the BIG game (Michigan- Michigan State, that is) at Tags Sports Bar and cheer your favorite team to victory. Game time is 3:30 p.m.
- Get some ice time at the Hartland Ice House and join in for Pucks & Parents and skate with your sweetie and your kids.
Outdoorsy date ideas
- Take some old bread down to the Mill Pond and feed the ducks and geese.
- It's fall! Head over to Spicer's Orchard to try out the corn maze or the Parshallville Cider Mill and get your apples and cider.
- Lace up your sneakers or boots, pack up two water bottles and sandwiches, and head over to the Howell Recreation Center for a brisk walk. Visit the animals and enjoy a Fall day in Michigan surrounded by nature.
Stay home ideas:
- Get competive! Plug in the Wii or PlayStation and challenge your partner to a game of Rock Band, Grand Slam Tennis or Bowling. Have a tournament - best two of three games wins. Spice things up with interesting bets. Anything goes from dish duty to massages!
- Have a themed movie night. Watch classic mobster flicks like "The Godfather," "Goodfellas" or "A Bronx Tale" while cooking up some pasta. Or watch wedding comedies like "Wedding Crashers" or "Bridesmaids" with slices of cake from Marv's Bakery or even cupcakes from Just Baked. Or how about just an all-time favorite romance like "Titanic" or "Love Story."
Any other ideas? Tell us how you are celebrating Sweetest Day?