Normally, we do a countdown of activities to help you plan for your adventures in the upcoming weekend, but with Thanksgiving coming this week, we thought we'd try to help you plan for the holiday in the neighborhood.
Thanksgiving Eve is now being called the biggest bar night of the year by some. If you want to stick close to home, here are five suggestions:
- Black Rock Bar & Grill features Carolyn Purchase performing piano music. Dinner reservations are recommended (810-632-5500).
- Dragon Wagon plays from 7 p.m.-close Wednesday at O'Malley's Irish Pub & Restaurant. Reservations can be made now by calling the restaurant at 810-632-3400.
- Grille 23's bar and fine dining areas are both open Wednesday. Various Happy Hour specials are offered. Questions? Call 810-632-5080.
- Memories Restaurant & Lounge, 1840 S Old U.S. 23 in Brighton Township, hosts its annual Night before Thanksgiving Bash Wednesday, featuring music, food, friends and beer. The restaurant does accept reservations, however, no tables will be held past 8:30 p.m. Call 810-227-7230.
- 59 West Bar & Billiards, 786 W Highland Rd (M-59) in Highland, also is open and ready to serve people. The bar features 10 tournament size pool tables, a huge variety of video games and 13 large screen TVs.