Upcoming Events at Cromaine District Library
Cromaine District Library's Big Read 2013 Kick-off starts March 23.
During the event, there wll be free copies of “Great Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe” while supplies last, courtesy of the Friends of Cromaine.
Cromaine’s first anthology of community art and writing premieres at this event with copies available for sale and writers in the anthology will read their works.
- Livingston Reads is in full swing with Jane Austen, www.livingstonreads.org.
Cromine District Library will be hosting a full lineup of events during Spring Break, April 1 – 5, for families that will be in town.
- The Big Read 2013 will be bringing in a world famous Poe scholar, Stephen Rachman, professor at MSU, to host four discussions on Poe, beginning Wednesday, April 3 at 6:30 pm. Registration is required.
- The Detroit division of the FBI will be here to discuss the real world of solving crimes on Thursday, March 28 at 6:30 pm.
- Livingston County’s Cold Case Unit with Sheriff Bob Bezotte will present some of their unsolved crimes on Monday, April 15 at 6:30 p.m.
- Psychic Kristy Robinett returns to discuss her new book “Haunted by Poe,” on Monday, April 22 at 6:30 pm.
- The final event will be on Monday, April 29 starting at 7 p.m. at the Hartland Music Hall. Edgar Allan Poe will visit Hartland for “An Enchanting Evening with Edgar Allan Poe." Registration is required.
For more information about the Big Read events check out the library's newsletter and program calendar for March-April events.
Information provided by the Cromaine District Library.