Weekend Planner: Funky Fair, Family Expo and Hay Rides
Plan your weekend here.
Looking for something to do this weekend? Things will be pretty quiet in Hartland, but lucky for us, our neighboring communities have some fun things going on. Be sure to share any photos of your weekend fun in our Pics & Clips.
- When: Friday, Sept. 14: 5-8 p.m.Saturday, Sept. 15: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 16: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: West Nine Mile Road at Woodward.
- Cost: Free to enter. Art for sale in all price ranges.
- Why go: The 10th annual Funky Ferndale juried art fair features 120 artists from across the country in Ferndale.
- When: Saturday, 10 a.m.
- Where: Suburban Collection Showplace
- Cost: $5
- Why go: The 2012 Maternity 2 Motherhood Family Expo will have fun activities and information for the whole family. There will be prizes, giveaways and the opportunity to interact with all of our family friendly exhibitors.
- When: Saturday
- Where: Heritage Park
- Cost: $5
- Why go: Enjoy an autumn family-fun tradition at Heritage Park! Experience the trails on a hay wagon, roast marshmallows at a campfire, and enjoy some apple cider as part of the hayride package. Hayrides are held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. every Friday night from September 14 through November 2 and on Saturday, October 20 and Saturday, October 27.
- When: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Where: downtown Fenton
- Cost: Free
- Why go: Apples, games, rides and more.
- When: Friday, Sept. 14: 6 p.m. to midnight, Saturday, Sept. 15: 11 a.m. to midnight (Kids Zone 12-6 p.m.) and Sunday, Sept. 16: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. (Kids Zone 12-6 p.m., marketplace 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: Southeast quadrant of Nine Mile Road and Woodward Avenue, spanning the Ferndale Public Library parking lot, Troy Street and the city parking lot (Falvey Lot) behind Woodward Avenue Brewers.
- Cost: Free to attend plus free family activities.
- Why go: 130 local vendors offering unique, handmade items, free musical performances each evening until 2 a.m. at the Jack Daniels Landing Pad (The Loving Touch). See the full line-up here. 11 local restaurants will be on site including three or four food trucks. Several vegetarian options available.