Friends, Family Mourn Brighton Mom who Lost her Battle with Cancer, A West Bloomfield Woman is Using Life Savings to Build a School in Africa
There was plenty of news around Hartland this week.
Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories from the Hartland area this week.
1. The first human case of West Nile Virus in Oakland County this year has been confirmed, according to a press release from the Oakland County Health Division (OCHD), Patch reported.
2. It's less than two weeks until the 2012 Summer Olympics marathon event, and Rochester Hills contender Desiree Davila is battling a right hip flexor tendon injury that could affect her entry in the race, reported Rochester Patch.
3. A West Bloomfield Woman is Using Life Savings to Build a School in Africa, according to West Bloomfield Patch.
4. Investigation continues into the accidental shooting of 19-year-old Charles Robert Kimballof Howell who was fatally shot in the head with an AK-47 knock-off assault rifle by his friend June 30 while shooting it at the Livingston Conservation & Sports Association's gun range in Brighton Township, according to the Livingston County Press & Argus.
5. Friends and family mourn a Brighton mom who lost her battle with cancer this week, according to the Brighton Patch.