It's Wednesday and today's quote comes from Marva Collins:Trust yourself. Think for yourself. Act for yourself. Speak for yourself. Be yourself. Imitation is suicide.
Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining. Please also don't miss our video greeting (at right) from members of the golf team.
1. The weather
Widespread frost before 8am, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 64.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- : $3.94
- Shell: $3.98
- Mobil: $4.04
- Lowest price at in Highland: $3.77 at Citgo S Milford Rd near Watkins Blvd.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.84 at the Marathon station at N. Leroy and Glenwood.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.75 at Costco at 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd.
We also offer searchable and real-time traffic and fuel prices via Mapquest on our homepage.
3. Hartland High School Junior Gets Perfect Score on ACT
Zach Teela, 17, a junior at Hartland High School, scored a perfect 36 on his ACT test, according to a story from the Press & Argus. Teela plans to attend Calvin College in the fall, to study philosophy.
4. Hartland athletes chosen to the All County teams:
- Jacob Gorial
- Matthew Ostermiller
- Nate Hughes
- Austin Eicher
- Justin Charneski
- Jaymie Dyer
- Bailee Maggert - Bailee was also chosen as Player of the Year for Livingston County.
- James Strandbergh
- Jacob Scherba
- Trey Conner
- Matt Polkowski
- Brian Condra
- Ryan Daavettila
- Josh Blanchard
5. Hartland trivia
Congrats to "NotLazy" for correctly answering Monday's question — What year did building construction begin at Waldenwoods? Answer: 1924
Wednesday's question: Most of the graves were moved from the Old St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery on Brophy Road- where were they moved to?