It's Thursday and in honor of the last day for the 2012 senior class, today's quote of the day comes from Dr. Seuss:
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go....
Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining.
1. The weather
There will be some patchy fog before 9am, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 83.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- : $3.89
- Mobil: $3.99
- Shell: $3.93
- Lowest price at in Highland: $3.67 at Citgo at S. Milford Road and Watkins Boulevard.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.88 at the Clark station at Leroy and 3rd streets.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.69 at Costco at 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd. and BP at 9400 Lee Road.
3. Memorial Day 5k/10K and 3K Walk
There is still time to register for the Hartland Memorial Day Run. Online registration ends on May 27.
4. Pancake Breakfast at Village Elementary
The annual pancake breakfast will take place on Monday morning starting at 7 a.m. Everyone is invited and the breakfast goes until 11 a.m.
5. Hartland trivia
No one was able to correctly identifying Tuesday's snaphot which was taken outside of the Striking Lanes Bowling Alley. If you know where today's picture was taken, answer in comments.