It's Wednesday and today's quote comes from Elizabeth Bowen:If you look at life one way, there is always cause for alarm.
Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining. And check out our morning greeting from Farms Intermediate student Colin Krueger who turns twelve today on 12/12/12. Happy birthday, Colin.
1. The weather
Sunny, with a high near 38, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- Speedway: $3.55
- Mobil: $3.55
- Shell: $3.59
- Lowest price at in Highland: $3.37 at Citgo at S. Milford Road and Watkins Boulevard.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.39 at the Marathon station at Silver Lake.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.34 at Costco at 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd. and BP at 9400 Lee Road.
We also offer searchable and real-time traffic and fuel prices via Mapquest on our homepage.
3. First Annual Holiday Bazaar at Karen's School of Dance
Karen's School of Dance will be having their First Annual Holiday Bazaar at the studio. The Holiday Bazaar is a fundraiser for the DanceSations Booster Club for all the dancers at Karen's School of Dance. There will be many different fun-filled activities going on throughout the day, including free dance classes, many different vendors to shop at, and raffles for prizes! Some of the vendors include Lia Sopia, Thirty One, Mary Kay, Avon, Pampered Chef, Arbonne, Tastefully Simple, Scentsy, and Partylite.
The FREE dance classes are at the following times:
- 11:30-12:15 Free Hip Hop Class with Miss Briella
- 12:30-1:15 Free Jazz Class with Miss Angela
The Holiday Bazaar will be held on December, 15 at the studio from 11 am-2 pm.
4. Add Your Events to Patch
Have an event you want to share with the community? Add your own event to Hartland Patch's calendar.
5. Hartland trivia
There was no question on Monday.
Wednesday's question: Who was awarded "Best New Business" from the Hartland Chamber in 2011?