It's Monday and today's quote comes from Bill Cosby:I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining. Thank you to the German class of Hartland High School for today's greeting.
1. The weather
A chance of showers, mainly after 1pm, according to the National Weather Service. Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- : $3.55
- Mobil: $3.65
- Shell: $3.68
- Lowest price at in Highland: $3.51 at Citgo at S. Milford Road and Watkins Boulevard.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.39 at the Marathon station at Silver Lake.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.45 at Costco at 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd. and BP at 9400 Lee Road.
We also offer searchable and real-time traffic and fuel prices via Mapquest on our homepage.
3. LACASA's Twilight in the Garden
Tickets are now available for the Twilight in the Garden for $50 per person, with all proceeds going to benefit vulnerable children and adults from Livingston County.
4. Couples Scramble at Hartland Glens
Register now for the couples scramble on July 29 at Golf Club. Nine hole shotgun with cart and dinner. $60 per couple.
5. Hartland trivia
No one was able to correctly answering Friday's question — In 1953, William Gleason opened what shop on Avon? Answer: The Village Coffee Shop
Monday's question: Who donated the land for the Hardy United Methodist Church?