It's Monday and today's quote comes from Audrey Hepburn:
As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining.
1. The weather
Sunny, with a high near 72, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- : $3.64
- Mobil: $3.74
- Shell: $3.89
- Lowest price at in Highland: $3.47 at Citgo at S. Milford Road and Watkins Boulevard.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.38 at the Clark station at Leroy and 3rd streets.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.51 at Costco at 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd. and BP at 9400 Lee Road.
We also offer searchable and real-time traffic and fuel prices via Mapquest on our homepage.
3. Readers' Choice Nominations
Remember to nominate your favorite business in our in our 25 categories. We will be accepting nominations until July 9 and then begin voting.
4. Live Bat Show at Howell Nature Center
The Howell Nature Center is hosting a live bat show today presented by The Organization for Bat Conservation. The show begins at 7pm and the cost is $4 per child, adults are $6.
5. Hartland trivia
No one was able to correctly answer Friday's question — What year was the bridge that crossed Mill Pond reconstructed? Answer: 1999
Monday's question: Where was the first meeting of the Hartland Township volunteer fire department in 1927?