Starting in 2014, the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will make major safety and operational improvements to the I-96/US-23 interchange in Brighton Township.
The project includes:
- Constructing new through-lanes on I-96 between the current eastbound and westbound lanes;
- Building three new bridges over northbound and southbound US-23, and over Old US-23;
- Changing the existing lanes of I-96 to collector-distributor (CD) lanes for easier and safer lane changes for ramp traffic; and
- Rebuilding the existing six bridges over US-23 and Old US-23.
- During construction, there will be minimal impact on traffic.
- Freeway construction will begin in 2014.
- Work on the CD lanes and bridges will be completed in 2015.
The Open House will be held at the Brighton Township Hall, located at 4363 Buno Rd. Information regarding the project and the meeting can be found on MDOT's website.