Meet Cathy Jones, owner of Kahuna Coffee in Hartland.
The coffeehouse owner shares five interesting facts about her and her small business.
- My favorite thing about being in business for myself is having the ability to help others. I love helping and giving back especially to people in our community.
- Hartland is my home, we moved here in 1990 and I thought my husband had lost it. I actually started singing "Green Acres is the Place for Me". It turns out that one of the best things we ever did was moving to Hartland. I love this town, two of our three daughters still live here with their families. All three of our daughters graduated from Hartland.
- The most exciting thing that has happened to Kahuna in 2012 was bringing in a Coffee Micro-Roaster. This Roaster allows us to roast everything fresh daily so that we can provide the freshest coffee possible for our customers.
- Supporting Michigan products and small household businesses is one of our goals at Kahuna. We try to buy Michigan-made products as much as possible. This includes our new roaster, which was built in Wixom. We also have homemade items and local products such as Dipsy party plates, Java Jammas coffee sleeves, Cheryl's Creations, Buell's Honey, and Currey Farms Maple Syrup.
- When we began here at Kahuna, our main goal was to make sure our customers felt special. We wanted to make sure we do for our customers as we would want done for us. We love our customers and try hard to make sure we show our appreciation for their support.
If you are a small business owner who wants to be featured on Hartland Patch, send me a message at email@example.com.
And check out some of our other small business owner profiles on Hartland Patch including:
- Heidi Bierer, owner of Heidi Bierer Farm Bureau Insurance Agency
- Elaine Boria, owner of Finders Keepers
- Hartland Smilemakers