Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories from the Brighton area this week.
1. Fans packed Compuware Arena in Plymouth to watch the Detroit Red Wings, according to Plymouth-Canton Patch.
2. Brighton police are seeking help identifying two women who they say stole credit cards from a downtown Brighton business employee and then charged more than $10,000 in gift cards at the Genoa Township Walmart, Brighton Patch reported.
3. A judge sentenced a Fenton podiatrist to 55 months in prison and ordered him to pay $1.4 million in restitution to Medicare and $196,956.54 to Blue Cross, Blue Shield of Michigan for his participation in a $1.6 million fraudulent medical billing scheme in Bay City Monday, reported Fenton Patch.
4. Two of Los Angeles' most exclusive and sought-after interior designers, Kathryn Ireland and Martyn Lawrence Bullard from Bravo's Million Dollar Decorators TV show will be at the Novi Art Van on Sunday, Jan. 20 from 2-3:30 p.m., Novi Patch reported.
5. Teachers and school staff from across Oakland County will receive expert training in the next two months on how to react in an active school shooter situation conducted by the Oakland County Sheriff's Office and the county's Homeland Security Division. In addition, Sheriff Michael Bouchard will give active shooter presentations on site at various schools in the county, reported White Lake-Highland Patch.