Boo! Happy Halloween. Here are five tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining.
Please also don't miss our video greeting (at right) from a class at . We apologize for some muffling as you watch Friday's pumpkin workout. Apparently, audio gremlins did their job to haunt this clip.
1. The weather
During the day, there's a 60 percent chance of showers and maybe a thunderstorm, according to the National Weather Service, with cloudy skies with a high near 51 degrees. A south wind is expected between 11 and 13 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
It's expected to stop at night (hopefully sooner) under partly cloudy skies, with a low around 32.
Might be wet, but at least, it's not snowtober.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- : $3.49
- Shell: $3.54
- Mobil: $3.59 (cash is 10 cents lower)
- Lowest price at Hickory Ridge and M-59 in Highland: $3.43 at Citgo.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.32 at — at a Clark Station at N LeRoy and Third and at a Marathon station at Silver Lake and Lincoln.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.33 at Costco, 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd.
3. Free Halloween meal for kids
Bennigan's restaurant, 3950 E Grand River Ave, in Genoa Township is offering free kids meals for children 12 and under Monday. Limit two per adult entree and tax and tip are not included.
4. Help wanted in food service, bus driving at Hartland schools
The Hartland School District needs subs in food service and both subs and full-time bus drivers in transportation, according to the November edition of Community Life.
For more info on food service jobs, call 810-626-2868 or fill out an application at between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., the newsletter said.
Inerested in busing? Call 810-626-2175.
5. Hartland trivia
Congrats to kelly mcpherson who answered Friday's question — What club did Inez Musson help form in 1939? Answer: The Hartland Dramatic Club.
Monday's question: The Shuttle Service was a bulletin for? Please answer in comments.