It's Wednesday and today's quote comes from
Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining. Please also don't miss our video greeting (at right) from 100 Women Who Care.
1. The weather
There is a chance of showers before 7am, according to the National Weather Service. Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- : $3.89
- Mobil: $3.89
- Shell: $3.93
- Lowest price at in Highland: $3.53 at Citgo at S. Milford Road and Watkins Boulevard.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.69 at the Clark station at Leroy and 3rd streets.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.66 at Costco at 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd. and BP at 9400 Lee Road.
We also offer searchable and real-time traffic and fuel prices via Mapquest on our homepage.
3. 5th Annual Miles for Meals Run
Registration is now open for theto help support Meals on Wheels in Livingston County. The event takes place June 2 at Kensington Metro Park.
4. Large Item Clean Up and Shredding Day at Township Hall
Rain or Shine, residents can come in for the on Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm and bring their large items to high school for proper disposal and/or recycling.
5. Hartland trivia
Congrats to Todd for correctly answering Monday's question — What year did the Cromaine library separate from the school district and become a public district library Answer: 1995
Wednesday's question: Who was the Hartland Memorial Day grand marshal in 1990?