Hello, Hartland. Here's Tuesday's version our feature that offers five tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful on a daily basis before 6 a.m. Monday through Friday.
1. THE WEATHER: A heat wave is here and it's expected to be the worst since 1995, according to the National Weather Service. A heat advisory, air quality alert and an excessive heat watch have been issued. The high temperature Tuesday will be near 90 degrees and increase Wednesday to 95 degrees and near the triple-digits by Thursday. (We hope they are wrong!).
2. FUEL PRICES: Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- : $3.77
- : $3.98
- : $3.99 ($3.89 — cash only)
- Lowest price in the state: $3.21 at stations in St. Johns.
- Highest price in the state: $4.19 at stations on Drummond Island and in Romulus.
- Statewide average: $3.73
3. SMILEMAKERS UPDATE: The dentists of the gave out more than 90 mouth guards during to raise money for Gleaners food bank and help area youth athletes. A final talley is not yet available but it is expected to be more than $1,300.
4. HARTLAND TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING: The board meets 7 p.m. at , 2655 Clark Rd. The agenda includes:
- a presentation of the 2010-11 audit.
- a public hearing on the possible correction of a special assessment roll for part of a sewer district called SAD No. 4.
- a presentation from Hartland-Deerfield Fire Authority Chief Adam Carroll on emergency prepardness.
For the full agenda, click on the PDF below the video.
5. HARTLAND TRIVIA: Congrats to Rosanne for getting Monday's question to join our scoreboard below. Here is Tuesday's question: Who was known as "Mr. Hartland"?
Answer in comments below and check out our score on who's the Hartland trivia champ through last week. Points are awarded on who answers correctly the fastest.Patch User
Number correctStefanie Furge
2Rosanne 1 Deb Curcuru 1 Beth Economou 1 Hartland Patch 1 Note: The number for Hartland Patch reflects the number of questions not correctly answered