It's Thursday and today's quote of the day come from John W. Gardner:History never looks like history when you are living through it.
Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining.
1. The weather
Expect some rain showers, possibly mixing with snow after 1pm, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures will fall to around 37 by 5pm. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- : $3.99
- Shell: $4.07
- Mobil: $3.99
- Lowest price at in Highland: $3.84 at Citgo S Milford Rd near Watkins Blvd.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.72 at the Marathon station at Silver Lake and Lincoln.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.84 at Costco at 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd.
We also offer searchable and real-time traffic and fuel prices via Mapquest on our homepage.
3. Hartland students present model of busy intersection to firefighters
High school seniors Samantha Moesta and Jessica Nystrom created a model of the M-59 and U.S. 23 interchange and presented their ideas to the fire department on Monday, according to a story in the Press & Argus.
4. Kahuna's Coffee for a Cause
Enjoy a delicious latte or sandwich with the musical stylings of Maddee Render and Tori Zilch. These young ladies will be accompanied by Alec Quinn. 10 percent of the proceeds for the evening will go to the River Community Church's student mission to Guatemala.
5. Hartland trivia
Congratulations to Linda Bowen for correctly identifying Tuesday's snapshot. If you know where today's picture was taken, answer in comments.