Here are the top five most interesting stories from the Hartland area this week.
1. Lake Huron waves caused by Hurricane Sandy peaked near 28 feet, according to the Times Herald.
To follow news from some of the most affected areas of the storm and see how local residents are faring, here are links to Patch sites:
2. Investigators were unable to determine a cause of a fatal crash of a single-engine plane at the Brighton Airport in September, according to a report from the Press & Argus.
3. The Novi Patch reported a great story about Harry Lucas, a Macomb Township resident, who has seen the effects of organ donation firsthand after his daughter, April, died after suffering a brain hemorrhage in November 2011. He said April’s donation gave the gift of life to four people.
4. There has been a high rate of bank robberies in Genesee County, according to the Flint Journal.
5. Volunteers of the local chapter of the American Red Cross will be heading out east to help deal with the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy, according to WHMI.