Here are five of the top stories this week in the areas surrounding Hartland.
1. The Plymouth Whalers will welcomed local Olympic gold medalist Allison Schmitt as the team opened the second half of the Ontario Hockey League season, reported the Canton-Plymouth Patch.
2. The Michigan Supreme Court rejected an appeal by 56-year-old Debra Ann Gladish of Hartland Township who was convicted of home invasion, fraud and theft charges in both Livingston and Oakland Counties, according to WHMI.
2. A fire Wednesday night destroyed a home on the 200 block of Sutherland in Highland, according to the White Lake-Highland Patch.
3. A priest in Novi is facing child pornography charges according to the Detroit Free Press.
4. A Fenton couple opens a bed and breakfast according to an article on Fenton Patch.