Here is a look at the top five most interesting stories from around Hartland area this week.
1. Robert Charles Bielak, an off-duty Pinckney police officer, lost his leg during a hit-and-run, according to the Press & Argus.
2. A car bomb exploded in Holly, reported the Tri-County Times.
3. A Hartland man is headed to trial on criminal sexual conduct charges, according to WHMI. John David Carpenter is suspected of assaulting two 13-year-old girls while swimming at Dunham Lake in June of 2011.
4. A 22-year-old Rose Township man and is “lucky to be alive” after a scary motorcycle crash in Holly Township, according to the Fenton Patch.
5. In the rehabilitative unit at McLaren Hopsital in Pontiac, Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson said Tuesday that and that he hopes to return to work soon, according to the Rochester Patch.