Here are the top five most interesting stories that happened around Hartland this week.
1. Joe Kowall, a 52-year-old White Lake resident, , reported White Lake Patch. Kowall, who brother Sen. Mike Kowall called jokester, had been battling cancer.
2. in Hartland was picked by you as the in Patch's Readers' Choice question about the best place to eat today. This year's buffet at Waldenwoods runs from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at the Cromaine Lodge and features ham, chicken and "an array of traditional favorites."
3. A Walled Lake Western 17-year-old female said a male classmate demanded that she perform a sexual act while the two were alone in a computer lab this past week at Walled Lake Western High School, ClickonDetroit reported.
4. A Michigan State Trooper was shot Wednesday morning in Flint while investigating an altercation outside a party store, according to the Flint Journal.
5. The ran an informative article about all the recent and upcoming changes to the city of Linden.