What's your favorite coney island restaurant? Tell us below in comments and you could win a ticket to a coney island bus tour Saturday, May 12.
You can join authors of the new book Coney Detroit — Joe Grimm of Bloomfield Township and Katherine Yung of Brighton — on a bus tour by D:Hive Detroit of Metro Detroit for a tasting of their favorite coney island hot dogs. Patch is also sponsoring the tour. The tour runs 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday and includes samplings of coneys at the restaurants where the bus stops.
The tour will visit some coney local treasures – including a stop at Dearborn restaurant – home of the Jim Padilla Special, named for the former Ford Motor Co. president. Also included is a stop at a Greek coney classic: in Royal Oak. You can purchase tickets to the tour through D:Hive Detroit.
Leave your comment below telling us your favorite coney island restaurant, and we'll pick four (4) winners at random. Each winner will receive one (1) ticket to Saturday's tour. Entries must be recieved by noon Friday, May 11.
Every contest has rules and here are ours:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, submit your comment below telling what's your favorite coney island restaurant.
- All entries must be received by noon ET May 11.
- You may enter only once.
- Four (4) winners total will be selected in a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified Friday, May 11, via the email address they used to register.
- Winners will receive one ticket to the 10 a.m.-2 p.m. May 12 coney tour put on by D:Hive Detroit and Wayne State University Press, valued at $35 per ticket.
- No contest would be complete without official rules. .
Learn more about the . You can purchase tickets to the tour through D:Hive Detroit.
The book, Coney Detroit, will also be for sale on the tour, and proceeds from the sale of the book will go toward Gleaners Community Food Bank.