Where: , 11325 Highland Rd, Hartland
When: 6:30-9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 9
Cost: Free-will offerings accepted; BIGGBY will donate $1 for each regularly-priced drink bought during the event
Why go: This fundraiser for Mott Children's hospital is in honor of Michael Anderson and the late Kendal Lividini and their love of music. Organized by Hartland High School students Hannah Hull and Alexandra Ballor, it features musical performances by high school students Abby Herr, Maddee Render, Alec Quinn, Jessica Schira, Shelby Stubbs and Reid Telando.
Where: , 9525 E Highland Road, Hartland (Howell mailing)
When: from 7-8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 9. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Cost: $10 for adults; $5 for children 10 and under. Tickets are being sold at Cromaine District Library-Village branch or at the door.
Why go: Hosted by the The Epilepsy Council of Livingston County, this concert's proceeds support the Joel A. Bieren's 2012 College Scholarship program. (If you get there early, there is a chance to get the kids' pictures taken with Santa, too.) Classical Bells is a group of seasoned professionals, led by musical director Darlene Ebersole and has performed in concerts nationwide; its members have appeared as featured performers with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra and the Michigan Opera Theater
3. , , and
When: 8 a.m. (Village Elementary) 9 a.m. (Village Manor) and noon, all on Saturday, Dec. 10 (Hartland Area Fire Department)
Cost: $6 for adults and $4 for children (breakfast); $8 per person and kids under two eat free (Village Manor) and $2 for all three kids' activities per child (Village Elementary); $5 donation requested for Santa pictures, other activities free (Hartland Area Fire)
Why go: Take your pick for a chance to visit with Santa:
- Village Manor — A full breakfast including your drinks and photos with Santa, cookie decorating and holiday crafts
- Village Elementary — Breakfast of pancakes, sausage, fruit, juice and coffee, shopping at the Santa Shop, Scholastic Book Fair, or vendors, kids' cookie decorating, crafts and Santa pictures
- Hartland Deerfield Fire Authority — Watch the The Polar Express, decorate your own cookie/hot chocolate table, build items in an Elves workshop, listen to the Hartland High School Choir or deliver a Christmas wish list to a mailbox that's taking letters to the North Pole. There will be a $5 donation requested for photos with Santa.
Where: , 3619 Avon St, Hartland
When: 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10
Why go: Watch the annual Messiah performance by the Hartland Community Chorus; the holiday season production has been performed in Hartland since 1932.
Where: 10235 White Lake Road, Fenton
When: 5-8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10 and Sunday, Dec. 11 (the event also takes place at the same times next weekend)
Why go: Enjoy 20-minute outdoor walks that discuss events foretelling and preceding Jesus' birth. After the walk, you're invited into the church for homemade refreshments (coffee, hot chocolate, punch, cookies, finger foods, popcorn, etc.) and musical performances.
- takes place at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 11 at Kensington Metropark Nature Center, 2240 W Buno Rd, Milford
- , 5:30 pm Saturday, Dec. 10 at The Opera House, 123 W Grand River Ave, Howell
- at 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10 at , 2201 S Old U.S. 23, Brighton