Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories from the Hartland area this week.
1. A Genesee County robbery suspect was arrested in Livingston County after a high speed chase Thursday, reported the Livingston County Daily Press & Argus. Two suspects remain at-large.
2. State Sen. John Gleason is asking Gov. Rick Snyder to remove two Genesee Intermediate School District board members, the Flint Journal reports. This news comes after accusations that a fired administrator used $87,000 in taxpayer money for her own gain.
3. The McLaren Proton Therapy Center, a new cancer institute, is expected to open in Flint in March 2013, ABC 12 reports. It's been three years since ground was broken on the project, which will be the only proton therapy center in Michigan. This treatment is described as the most precise therapy available for cancer patients.
4. Home Depot volunteers helped out a White Lake woman with home improvements after her husband was deployed to Afghanistan, reported White Lake Patch.
5. Jeffrey Kenneth Gnielock, 46, of Brighton Township faces charges for killing a Sandhill Crane - a protected animal in the State of Michigan, according to the Brighton Patch. No hunting is allowed on protected animals.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something