We wrote this little daytrip guide to Novi for a summer series called Patch Passport. The other Patch sites in Michigan — from St. Clair Shores to Dexter and two dozen in between — have done the same.
All summer long, we'll offer up a weekly daytrip guide to another southeast Michigan destination. Coming Sunday: we'll help you plan a daytrip to Fenton, a city with lakes and history and a sandwich named “No John, I’m Not Cheezing You."
But to start, here's what you helped us come up with for our own daytrip guide. Thanks to everyone who offered must-see Novi sights on Novi Patch's Facebook page.
Have more suggestions? Add them in the comments.
- If you're in the mood for Mexican...try .
- If you're in the mood for sushi....try , an old house that's rumoured to be haunted.
- If you're in the mood for American...try , one of our and one of the most recommended restaurants in Novi.
- If you're in the mood to splurge...try for a four-course fondue meal.
- If you're in the mood for ice cream...try or .
Browse menus and read reviews for Novi's other dozens of restaurants in our Directory.
- Head over to to try the walking trails, have picnic or play some beach volleyball. You can also bring the family to spend the day at the beach on Walled Lake.
- Take the family to to play some putt-putt, laser tag, go-karts, climbing walls or soccer cages.
Spend a day on the golf course playing 9 or 18 holes at .
Indoor Family Fun
- Your kids will love glow in the dark putt-putt at .
- Cool off for the day at and be able to tell your friends that you've skated on the same ice as Detroit Red Wings great Nicklas Lidstrom.
- Play some arcade games and enjoy some bowling in the upstairs lounge at . Or the adutls can come back after dark to enjoy the bar.
Did you see?
- : People come from surrounding communities to shop at the upscale mall with more than 200 shopping, dining and entertainment options.
- : Check the Showplace's website to see if there are any cool shows or events when you're in town.
- : If it's a rainy day or you have some extra time to spend, catch a movie at Emagine Theatre, which offers luxury seating and a bar for those older than 21.
- : The Novi library was named the best in Michigan in 2011. So if you are looking to stay out of the sun, stop by to enjoy the children's activities and books.
If you know what day you'll be in town, check out our to find any events that day, like the on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Let potential visitors know where else they should visit by posting a comment on this story.