Cromaine District Library
Drag box to select area
The building is the main site for a district library system that serves all of Hartland Township and parts of Brighton, Deerfield, Genoa, Oceola and Tyrone townships. The library is named after its initial donors, J. Robert Crouse, and his uncle, Henry A. Tremaine. They funded the contruction in 1927 with $25,000 that included a bequest from Crouse's father, John B. Crouse. The Hartland schools provided the land and operated the facility until 1995 when a district library system was formed. A seven-member board now oversees the library.
3688 Hartland Road, Hartland, MI 48353
- Fax: 810-632-7351
- Accessibility Details: Main entry is accessible at a ground level, but the original 1927 building entrances are not.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 9am - 8pm; Fri, 9am - 6pm; Sat, 9am - 4pm; Sun, closed
- Accessible: yes